India on Monday rubbished the reports in Beijing media stating that the Chinese Army had killed at least 158 Indian soldiers and fired rockets across the Sikkim border escalating the long standing tension between India and China.
The reports surfaced after China on Sunday carried extensive army drills using rocket launchers, machine guns, and mortars along the Tibet border.
Speaking to the media, Ministry of External Affairs Minister official spokesperson Gopal Baglay said that any such reports being carried were “baseless, malicious and mischievous” in nature.
“Such reports are utterly baseless, malicious and mischievous. No cognisance should be taken of them by responsible media,” he said.
Reportedly, Dunya news carried a two-minute video footage, already aired by China Central Television (CCTV) showing Chinese Army wounding Indian soldiers in attacks across the Sikkim border.
The faceoff between India and China heightened after the reports of Chinese army involved in the construction of roads along the controversial Doklam border surfaced in June this year.
Foreign Ministry spokesperson Geng Shuang earlier this month alleged Indian troops trespassing in Doklam as the “frictions in the undefined sections of the boundary” between India and China.
Gang said, “China has pointed out many times that the illegal trespass of Indian border troops of the mutually recognised border line is different in nature from the frictions in the undefined sections of the boundary.
Citing 1890 convention, China said, “According to the 1890 convention, the Sikkim section has been recognised by both China and India and this convention is effective for both countries.
China has created a blockade for Kailash and Manasarovar Yatra pilgrims from India who take Nathu La pass through Sikkim. The disputed land — Doklam — has long been claimed by Chinese as their territory and is allegedly planning to build a road there. Both Bhutan and India have objected to China over the attempt to build a road in Doklam citing security concerns.
“As far as a solution is concerned Indian troops must pull back to the Indian side of the boundary unconditionally and immediately. This is the precondition for any meaningful dialogue between China and India,” said Beijing.
Meanwhile, Home Minister Rajnath Singh and External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Friday briefed opposition parties on the India-China standoff in Doklam and the situation in Kashmir ahead of Parliament’s monsoon session that begins on Monday.
Among other issues, the opposition has already hinted to stall the monsoon session using India-China standoff in Doklam and corner Modi government.
(Latest News in English from Newsx)