NEW DELHI: His contribution to our country and to science goes beyond all the material gratitude conferred upon by the society. Former President and Scientist Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam who was also known as the ‘Missile Man’ was blessed with significant achievement in the field of science into aerospace that were popular across the globe.
Dr. Kalam left people with only his memories on July 27 following a massive heart attack while he was delivering a lecture at the IIM, Shillong. Even though he was rushed to the nearby hospital within no time, he could not be saved.
Today, as the inspiration of many was laid to rest in his hometown Rameswaram, Tamil Nadu, the country continues to mourn the loss India has faced. (Also Read: Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram)
All his writings, poetry and sayings were world famous. Not only were they inspirational, but also contributed to the welfare of the society. Let’s take a look on 10 most inspirational quotes by Dr. Kalam that made him someone who can never be forgotten.
1. "Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough."
2. "Poetry comes from the highest happiness or the deepest sorrows."
3. "Don’t take rest after your first victory because if you fail in second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck."
4. "All Birds find shelter during a rain. But Eagle avoids rain by flying above the Clouds."
5. "Man needs difficulties in life because they are necessary to enjoy the success."
6. "If you want to shine like a sun. First burn like a sun."
7. "It is very easy to defeat someone, but it is very hard to win someone."
8. "If a country is to be corruption free and become a nation of beautiful minds, I strongly feel there are three key societal members who can make a difference. They are the father, the mother and the teacher."
9. "Difficulties in your life do not come to destroy you, but to help you realize your hidden potential and power, let difficulties know that you too are difficult."
10. "Love your job but don't love your company, because you may not know when your company stops loving you."
11. "I’m not a handsome guy, but I can give my hand to someone who needs help. Beauty is in the heart, not in the face."