New Delhi : Here are some of the announcements made by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday during his Independence Day address:
– 18,500 villages which still remain without power to be provided electricity in the next 1,000 days.
– Government to club 44 labour laws into four codes to simplify them for the people.
– Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana launched with an outlay of Rs. 50,000 crore.
– Ministry of Agriculture would be renamed as the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare.
– A “Start-Up India” initiative to encourage entrepreneurship among the youth.
– One-Rank, One-Pension accepted “in-principle”. Modalities being worked out with stakeholders.
– Boost to financial inclusion with 17 crore bank accounts opened through the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana.
– Scheme for direct transfer of LPG subsidy has resulted in savings of Rs. 15,000 crore.
– Promise of toilets in all schools had been almost fulfilled with the cooperation of states.
– Corruption cases probed by CBI have gone up from 800 before NDA government assumed office to 1800 now.
– Each of 1.25 lakh bank branches should encourage at least one Dalit or adivasi entrepreneur and at least one woman entrepreneur.
– A house and access to basic services like electricity to all by 2022.