Honeypreet Insan will be produced in court on Wednesday around 2PM, she is currently under the custody of Haryana Police, and she was arrested on Tuesday from Zirakpur near Chandigarh. Honeypreet was grilled into at a police station in Haryana’s Panchkula on Tuesday night. Honeypreet Insan, had been absconding after rape convict and Dera Sacha Sauda chief Ram Rahim Singh was sentenced to 20 years of prison.
Earlier, there were reports that Honeypreet Insan was spotted in Nepal, while the police teams were trying to nab her. The ‘adopted’ daughter of Ram Rahim Singh has been accused of serious charges of sedition, waging war and inciting people for violence after Dera chief was pronounced guilty by the special CBI court. However, in an application filed by her, Honeypreet said that she was not involved in these violent events that took place after Ram Rahim‘s conviction.
During the grilling session Honeypreet complaint of chest pain and she was taken to the hospital by the police, where the doctors said that she was fine and then the grilling session began once again at the police station.
Here are top 7 questions the police asked Honeypreet:
- Why did you go off the radar after coming out of the Sonaria Jail in Rohtak?
- Where are Pawan Insan and Aditya Insan, when was the last time you spoke to them?
- How much amount was spent to incite riots in Panchkula?
- Who played the key role in inciting violence after the conviction of Ram Rahim Singh?
- What was Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh’s role in inciting violence?
- What role did the 45 member committee of Dera play in the violence?
- Did you have prior information about the police raids? If yes, who was the informant? If no, explain how you managed to escape the raids carried out at Barmer, Sri Ganganagar, Udaipur, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi and Gurugram
Honeypreet answered some of the questions asked by the police and refused to answer some. However, after the grilling session police reached to the conclusion that she has been in touch with Pawan, Aditya since August 25. She said that she did not use voice call to get in touch with anyone but used Whatsapp for communication. Honeypreet also confessed that she used international numbers and the same numbers were used to call and text via Whatsapp.
The 36-year-old, who calls herself ‘Papa’s Angel’ on social media, went missing the same day, after escorting the Dera chief on a special chopper from Panchkula to a Rohtak jail. She has been accused of trying to help him escape and also instigating the rioting.
The violence that broke out after the conviction of Dera Sacha Sauda chief Ram Rahim Singh claimed the 38 lives and property worth crores was also damaged as the followers of the Dera Chief went on a rampage in Punjab, Haryana, Delhi and Rajasthan.