NEW DELHI: National Daily has revealed the names of 1,195 Indians who have accounts in the HSBC Swiss Bank with a total balance of over 100 billion dollars.
Several top businessmen, politicians, NRIs have been mentioned in the leaked list by the news daily.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley addresses a press conference on the HSBC Swiss list and while reacting to the report, Jaitley claims that the government already has the names and it has initiated prosecution of 60 names and completed probe of 350 names.
Here are the highlights:
- Government has started probe on 350 accounts, says FM speaking to the media
- India has details of 628 account holders, says FM Arun Jaitley
- Names of account holders shared few years back, says Jaitley
- Our investigation have gained pace in the last few months, says Jaitley
- Process is still on, prosecution will be launched against illegal accounts, says Finance Minister Arun Jaitley
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley releases statement, says just names are not enough for legal action, need evidence.
- Most of the names from the list have already been identified, says Jaitley
- A complete assessment of all the names will be made by March 31 this year, says Arun Jailtey