Kolkata: Archbishop of Kolkata Thomas D’Souza on Wednesday welcomed the West Bengal government’s move to hand over the investigation of Rangaghat nun gangrape case to CBI.
“In a way we are happy that the government is taking steps to nab the culprits,” D’Souza told PTI.
He said he was, however, disappointed that the police have not yet been able to make any arrests.
“The results have not been positive so far and we are disappointed,” the Archbishop said.
Fifteen persons have been detained in the case but no arrests have been made so far.
District police have announced a reward of Rs one lakh to any individual providing information leading to the arrest of the accused and a police team has been sent outside the state in connection with the investigation.
(Latest News in English from Newsx)