Three workers die after inhaling toxic gas in Bengal

By
| Monday, December 7, 2015 - 12:03
First Published |
Toxic content

Workers were cleaning a drainage line of a tannery

Kolkata: Three workers were killed and two others taken ill on Monday after inhaling poisonous gas that leaked from a drainage line in West Bengal's South 24 Parganas district, police said.

The incident happened at the Kolkata Leather Complex when five workers were cleaning a drainage line of a tannery.

"The gas had accumulated somehow and when they were cleaning the drain, it escaped. Three workers have been killed and two others have been hospitalised," Additional Superintendent of Police (East Zone) Arijit Sinha said.

The incident led to other workers staging demonstration, demanding monetary compensation for the victims' kin.

Download English News App and stay updated with all Latest News.
For News in English, follow us on Google+, Twitter and on Facebook.
 

Add new comment

CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.