At least 33 students were hospitalised after ammonia gas leaked from a cold storage facility located next to a school in Madhya Pradesh’s Chhindwara district on Wednesday, officials said.

The students of Bharat Bharati School were taken ill and some even fainted due to the gas leakage from the adjacent potato cold storage facility.

The police and emergency ambulance service were informed and the children rushed to the hospital.

The reason for the gas leak is not known.

The affected children complained of irritation in their eyes and throat.

The children are said to be out of danger.

First Published | 23 August 2017 2:22 PM
Download English News App and stay updated with all Latest News. For News in English, follow us on