New Delhi: For all those who are satisfied with Groove Music application on Microsoft’s latest Windows 10 platform, the application has been recently updated with new features and user interface (UI) changes.
Groove Music with the new update has now become more groovier with a new feature called ‘Your Groove’ which creates curated playlists based on your collection on OneDrive. The application is now live in the Windows store.
Groove music was exclusively introduced by Microsoft on their Windows 10 platform after the company was highly criticised for not providing users a full-fledged Music application available on other operating systems.
In Windows 10, Microsoft re-designed the music app and named it Groove music. The application since the day of its launch has been receiving continuous updates.
But, a lot of Windows fans still want the old Zune app back which had a panaromic user interface and was visually more attractive.
Check the changelog:
Introducing Your Groove — the place for music that is centered around you, what you like, and your listening habits. This is where you’ll not only find your recently played items, but also brand new automatically curated recommended playlists built just for your taste. There are frequent updates that always give you fresh recommendations, but you can save a copy any time to edit, download or just save the playlist to listen to later.
For more information on this new feature, check out the list below:
We also fixed a bunch of bugs:
- Files opened in Groove from other applications (e.g., email) now continue playing in the background.
- The app now skips queuing up un-playable tracks when playing album/artist so your now-playing queue is clean and tidy.
- We fixed the keyboard shortcut to support ESC to exit full screen now playing.
- We addressed a performance issue when playing a large playlist.
- We now attempt to recover from situations where playback appears “stuck”.
- We added even more telemetry around playback as we continue to improve quality.
- We made some changes to improve the playback reliability for Groove Music Pass content in offline scenarios.