Rio de Janeiro: Barcelona forward Neymar has been recalled for Brazil’s 2018 World Cup qualifiers against Argentina and Peru next month.
Selecao coach Dunga did not hide his delight at the return of his captain but warned the clash against Argentina would not be decided on talent alone, reported Xinhua.
Neymar missed Brazil’s opening World Cup qualifiers against Chile and Venezuela earlier this month as he served a four-game international ban.
“It’s always a war against Argentina,” Dunga told a press conference in Rio de Janeiro. “These are games that are decided by details. Each ball is vital and the next match is going to be no different. We have to be focused. Neymar increases our potential.”
Coutinho and Firmino were both forced to withdraw from the matches against Chile and Venezuela. While Firmino remains sidelined with a back injury, Coutinho recovered from a groin problem to play 87 minutes in Liverpool’s 0-0 draw at Tottenham on Saturday.
Dunga suggested the duo’s omission may have been caused by a lack of communication.
“We are frequently in contact with all our players and they have to pass all the relevant information on to us,” Dunga said. “We want direct contact so as not to make any mistakes.”
Brazil will play Argentina in Buenos Aires on November 12 before hosting Peru in Salvador five days later.
Dunga’s men are currently fifth in the 10-team South America zone standings while Argentina are seventh.
First Published | 23 October 2015 12:06 PM