Bengaluru: After watching Quinton de Kock’s play tonight against Royal Challengers, there is little doubt that he would now be known as a core muscle of the Delhi Daredevils team. Chasing a daunting score of 191, the game looked as dreadful as staring into Medusa’s eyes.
But the fight wasn’t over with the fall of the first wicket, or nor the fall of the second: the fight was a personal one as is so common in T20 matches these days. Carrying the entire burden of the team on his shoulders, Quinton de Kock converted one run balls into twos, and wherever he could, he swung madly and menacingly, most of which had it’s desired effect. With some instance of great partnership with Nair, Daredevils put the steamroller in full heat towards victory.
Unfortunate for Royal Challengers’ captain Virat Kohli, his 79-run score did not see the highlight of victory it deserved. But it was Daredevils’ match from the first boundary, and there was little to doubt as the match reached 10 overs. A great night for cricket fans all around the country.
* 1 run on the first ball by JP Duminy. DAREDEVIL HAVE WON THE GAME and that too after putting up a resilient fight against Royal Challengers.
* End of 19th Over: Delhi Daredevils 191/3. One boundary and a wicket taken in this over. (4) (Quinton de Kock)
* FOUR! First boundary on his first ball. Duminy lives up to his teammates expectation.
* JP Duminy comes in for Quinton de Kock.
* OUT! Quinton de Kock has finally been taken out by Watson. He’s gone out for 108. A truly memorable play, and an important one too.
* End of 18th Over: Delhi Daredevils 183/2. Two boundaries conceded in this over. (4,4)
* FOUR! After a century, we take it that de Kock is swinging his bat fearlessly in the air. And it’s just right for him.
* Four! That typical de Kock shot we have been familiarised to by him in this match. It’s gone in the back ahead of the skipper for four.
* A full century by Quinton de Kock. This guy is remarkable. He’s carried the match himself with great partnership.
* End of 17th Over: Delhi Daredevils 171/1. Two boundaries conceded in this over (6,4).
* FOUR! That’s another to reduce the tally by de Kock. He’s at 99 right now. Awe-inspiring play!
* Here’s a clip of that beautiful double catch from Watson and Wiese. Super cricket!
* Isn’t that some style? Nair needs 1 run to make half century and he has opted for a SIX instead. Nair is 55.
* End of 16th Over: Delhi Daredevils 158/2. Two boundaries conceded in this over. (4,4)
* FOUR! The two batsmen are inseparable right now. Great shot by de Kock.
* FOUR! Wonderful shot Nair. The ball has gone in the back past the skipper.
* End of 15th Over: Delhi Daredevils 146/2. One boundary conceded in this over. (4)
* Four! Great shot by Kock. It has gone for four.
* de Kock has reached 81, will he be able to top himself to 100?
* End of 14th Over: Delhi Daredevils 136/2. Three boundaries conceded in this over. (4,6,4)
* FOUR! de Kock has done just right for Daredevils. That’s icing on the top.
* SIX! Turning a free hit into a six, how normally does it happen in T20? Great shot by Nair.
* No ball from Wiese. It’s a free hit.
* FOUR! Nair has aimed for the boundary and it has made contact.
* Delhi has taken a time out. They must only be discussing one thing: Boundaries!
* End of 13th Over: Delhi Daredevils 116/2. One boundary conceded in this match (6).
* SIX! de Kock is at it again. A wonderful shot by this player.
* End of 12th Over: Delhi Daredevils 105/2. No boundaries conceded in this over. Delhi need some boundaries desperately.
* End of 11th Over: Delhi Daredevils 100/2. No boundaries conceded in this over.
* With 55 runs off of 26 balls, de Kock registers his half century.
* End of 10th Over: Delhi Daredevils 93/1. Two boundaries conceded in this over. (4,4)
* Four! Sweep shot by de Kock. This guy is isn’t going to give up on the boundaries just yet.
* Four! That’s a great shot from Nair.
* End of 9th Over: Delhi Daredevils 81/2. Two boundaries conceded in this match. (6, 4)
* Four! That’s a nice shot from Nair.
* SIX! That’s a massive first six from de Kock.
* Harshal Patel bowls his first over.
* End of 8th Over: Delhi Daredevils 67/2. One boundary conceded in this match (4). A great over by Wiese with four dot balls.
* FOUR! Nair seems to be frustrated with the four dot balls. He has assessed the field and made the boundary.
* David Wiese bowling his first over.
* End of 7th Over: Delhi Daredevils 62/2. Two boundaries conceded in this match (4,4)
* FOUR! That’s a similar cut from de Kock. It has gone out for 4.
* Four! That’s a shot from Nair. Out for the boundary.
* Yuzvendra Chahal starting his first over.
* End of 6th Over: Delhi Daredevils 51/2. One wicket taken in this over. (Sanju Samson)
* Karun Nair comes in replacement for Samson.
* OUT! That’s a poorly worked shot from Samson. He’s been caught out for 9 by Chahal.
* End of 5th Over: Daredevils 50/1. One boundary conceded in this match. (4)
* FOUR! Rasool’s bowl has been turned into a boundary by de Kock.
* End of 4th Over: Daredevils 42/1. One boundary conceded in this over. (4)
* Four! Good shot by de Kock. He is keeping the spirit alive for Delhi at the moment.
* Shane Watson bowling his first over.
* End of 3rd Over: Delhi Daredevils 33/1. One boundary conceded in this over. (4) Good over by Aravind.
* That’s a well place cut. Four by de Cock.
* End of 2nd Over: Delhi Daredevils 24/1. Three boundaries conceded in this over. (4,4,4)
* Kock seems to be on a roll here right now. He has pulled another boundary again. That’s gone for four.
* Four again! Just what they need right now. Great shot by de Kock.
* Four! Good shot by de Kock.
* Parvez Rasool bowling his first over.
* Sanju Samson coming in for SS Iyer.
* End of 1st Over: Delhi Daredevils 11/1. One boundary conceded in this match (4). One wicket taken (SS Iyer).
* OUT! That was a beautiful catch by Watson. He passed it to Wiese before falling of the boundary with the ball. SS Iyer has been caught out for 0.
* FOUR! Great shot by de Kock.
* Sreenath Aravind bowls the first over for Challengers.
* Quinton de Kock and Shreyas Iyer start the batting line up for Daredevils.
Wow! That was some great cricket from Royal Challengers. Without Gayle, it looked murky at the start, but with Virat Kohli and the following team taking the match in their play, they converted the remaining overs superbly to a daunting 191. The second half is definitely going to be a cause of great strain for Delhi Daredevils.
* End of 20th Over: RCB 191/5. One boundary conceded in this last over. (4)
* FOUR! Jadhav has gone for a full swing whether it reaches boundary or not. But it has paid off.
* Last over to be called by Morris.
* End of 19th Over: RCB 183/5. No boundaries conceded in this match. One wicket taken. (Virat Kohli)
* David Wiese comes in after Virat Kohli.
* OUT! Virat Kohli has been taken out finally! Too late for RCB, but still great. Full bowling by Mohammed Shami. Kohli is out for 79.
* End of 18th Over: RCB 177/4. No boundaries conceded in this match. Good over by Morris.
* End of 17th Over: RCB 173/4. Two wickets taken in this match. (Shane Watson, Sarfaraz Khan) One boundary conceded (6).
* Kedhar Jadhav comes in for Sarfaraz Khan.
* RUN OUT! That’s unfortunate for Sarfaraz Khan who was looking to finish the game. Mohammed Shami has taken him out for 1.
* Sarfaraz Khan comes in for Shane Watson.
* OUT! Now this feels unexpected we don’t know why. Watson has been caught out Morris. He has gone for 33.
* SIX! Watson pulling a great one here.
* End of 16th Over: RCB 164/2. Four boundaries conceded in this over. (6,4,6,4)
* Four! That’s Kohli again with the shot.
* SIX! Kohli on it again.
* The boundaries are coming too fast. Kohli has already crossed his half century and reached 65.
* Four! Too far for the fielder to stop. Great shot by Kohli.
* SIX! Reverse six by Watson. At this rate, Daredevils might already give up the match before playing.
* Zaheer bowling his final over.
* End of 15th Over: RCB 143/2. Two boundaries conceded in this match. (6,4)
* FOUR! Good shot by Kohli.
* SIX! Kohli is unstoppable. Zaheer Khan looks bemused as he watched the ball fly over the boundary.
* End of 14th Over: RCB 130/4. Three boundaries conceded in this match (6,4,4)
* FOUR! That’s an upset for Brathwaite, Watson has a pulled a boundary. Looks like RCB is on the run-wagon again.
* Four! Great timing from Watson. That was a wonderful shot.
* SIX! First boundary from Shane Watson and that’s a six. Up to his reputation.
* End of 13th Over: RCB 114/2. No boundaries conceded in this match. Good over by Shami.
* Seems like Carlos Brathwaite is here to change things up a bit.
* End of 12th Over: RCB 109/2. No boundaries conceded in this match. One wicket taken. (Ab de Villiers 55)
* Shane Watson comes in place for Ab de Villiers.
* OUT! Ab de Villiers has been caught out by Mohammed Shami. He’s out for 55. A great score.
* Carlos Brathwaite bowling his first over.
* End of 11th Over: RCB 106/1. One boundary conceded in this over (6).
* SIX! This is the crowning moment of the over. Virat Kohli has followed de Villiers in pulling a six.
* End of 10th Over: RCB 97/1. No boundaries conceded in this over. Good over by Mishra.
* We seem to have forgotten something here while there was a fusillade of boundaries. Ab de Villiers has already registered a half century despite coming later than Kohli.
* End of 9th Over: RCB 87/1. One boundary conceded in this over. (4)
* FOUR! Stunning shot by de Villiers.
* End of 8th Over: RCB 79/1. One boundary conceded in this match (4).
* FOUR! Virat Kohli on the pivot. Straight towards the boundary.
* Amit Mishra bowling his first over.
* End of 7th Over: RCB 72/1. One boundary conceded in this over. (4)
* Four! No respite from boundaries for Daredevils. Four by de Villiers.
* Pawan Negi starts his first over.
* If the present run rate of the RCB continues, Daredevils could be looking at a mountain to climb in the second half. They need to experiment with different bowlers as of this moment.
* End of 6th Over: RCB 63/1. Three boundaries conceded in this match. (4,4,4)
* Boundary! Four by de Villiers. RCB looks unstoppable at this moment.
* FOUR! de Villiers looks so fierce today. It won’t be far before they register a hundred.
* End of 5th Over: RCB 50/1. Three boundaries conceded in this match (4,4,4) Expensive over for Daredevils.
* FOUR! Beautiful! That’s the cherry on the top for this over.
* Four! Upset for Zaheer Khan again, he has managed to convert the ball into a boundary again.
* Four! Awesome shot by de Villiers.
* End of 4th Over: RCB 35/1. Three boundaries conceded in this over. (4,4,6)
* SIX! That’s the first six of this match. A great swing by Ab de Villiers. Somewhere we can see Shami frowning to himself.
* Four again! Kohli has struck wonderfully to give RCB another boundary.
* Four! Virat Kohli has helped himself immensely with Shami’s ball. It’s a boundary.
* Mohammed Shami bowls his first over.
* With Chris Gayle out early, there is definitely an added pressure on the Royal Challengers batsmen to play more safely. The scene is probably a similar experience for Virat Kohli.
* End of 3rd Over: RCB 19/1. No boundaries conceded in this match. A good over by Khan.
* Slight changes are taking place in the field. Zaheer Khan wants to make the most of his overs by collecting as much wicket as he can.
* Zaheer Khan from over the wicket.
* End of 2nd Over: RCB 13/1. One boundary in this over. (4) A good over by Chris Morris.
* Four! Great shot by captain Kohli. Right across the boundary.
* Chris Morris bowling his first over.
* End of 1st Over: RCB 8/1. Two boundaries and one wicket taken in this over. (Chris Gayle 0) (4,4)
* Four again!
* Four! That’s a beautiful boundary by De Villiers.
* Ab De Villiers coming for Chris Gayle.
* OUT! That is unbelievable. Chris Gayle has been caught out for duck by Duminy. Who would believe that? A great start for Royal Challengers.
* Captain Zaheer Khan bowling his first over for the Daredevils.
* Chris Gayle and Virat Kohli open the battle line-up for Royal Challengers.
* Daredevils have won the toss and elected to bowl first.
Daredevils have a tough job against Royal Challengers who have notched up a comprehensive 45-run win over Sunrisers Hyderabad in their opening game. With Virat Kohli leading the charge for Royal Challengers, it will prove more than a daunting task for the Delhi Daredevils to register a win in their tally.
Royal Challengers Bangalore: Shane Watson, Chris Gayle, AB de Villiers, Virat Kohli (captain), Stuart Binny, Samuel Badree, Iqbal Abdulla, Sreenath Aravind, Kedar Jadhav, Vikramjeet Malik, Kane Richardson, Varun Aaron, Mandeep Singh, Abu Nechim, Adam Milne, Mitchell Starc, Yuzvendra Chahal, Harshal Patel, Travis Head, David Wiese, Sachin Baby, Lokesh Rahul, Parvez Rasool, Vikas Tokas, Sarfaraz Khan, Praveen Dubey, Akshay Karnewar
Delhi Daredevils: Zaheer Khan (captain), Quinton de Kock (wicketkeeper), JP Duminy, Mayank Agarwal, Shreyas Iyer, Carlos Brathwaite, Karun Nair, Pawan Negi, Rishabh Pant, Sanju Samson, Pawan Suyal, Jayant Yadav, Chris Morris, Sam Billings, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Imran Tahir, Mahipal Lomor, Chama Milind, Amit Mishra, Mohammed Shami, Shahbaz Nadeem, Khaleel Ahmed, Akhil Herwadkar, Pratyush Singh