I considered an offer from Manchester United: Sergio Ramos

| Friday, April 22, 2016 - 15:47
First Published |
Ramos confirm last year’s Man Utd rumour

Ramos confirm last year’s Man Utd rumour

Spain: With the opening of transfer windows around the corner, rumours of big names moving across to other clubs are rife. Real Madrid’s star defender Sergio Ramos revealed that he got an offer from English Premier League (EPL) giants Manchester United last summer which he also considered, but did not take up. He also stated that he wants to retire at the Bernabeu.

The Old Trafford club was aiming the number 4 at Real last season, the rumours of which were strong. The Spain international, however, decided to stay put at Real Madrid.

"There was a firm offer, on paper. For a moment I thought about a change of scene, but Real Madrid was always my priority. I felt disappointed, but not due to economic problems like people said,” Ramos told Spanish radio programme El Partido de las 12.

Ramos, however, denied any interest from Chelsea.

"I have not heard about (interest from Chelsea). Many things have always been said. Flattery from big clubs is always good as this is because you are doing well, but if the fans and my club want me," he added.

Ramos has been a prominent feature in the ongoing season for Real. The Zinedine Zidane-led team is third on the La Liga table at 78 points, one less that Barcelona and Atletico Madrid at 79.

Real Madrid are also aiming at their 11th Champions League title as they face Manchester City in the first game of the semi-final.

Download English News App and stay updated with all Latest News.
For News in English, follow us on Google+, Twitter and on Facebook.

Add new comment

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.