New Delhi: Chairman of the Indian Premier League Rajeev Shukla apprised the media on Friday about the list of changes the IPL Governing Council has introduced for the remaining IPL matches that are to be played in India.
Rajeev Shukla exclaimed after the meeting that between the last home match of the Kolkata Knight Riders on May 22 and the date of qualifier, it was difficult to make logistical arrangements within two days.
“We wanted to have matches in Jaipur and were getting a lot of support from the state government, but since next hearing of the PIL is on May 3, we will have only five days to arrange the matches,” Shukla said.
Here’s a list of the changes the IPL Governing Council has introduced:
– Mumbai Indians and Rising Pune Supergiants will both have Vizag as their venue.
– Delhi’s Feroz Shah Kotla will host one eliminator match and a qualifier match instead of Eden Gardens in Kolkata.
– The BCCI will proceed with the branding at Visakhapatnam which will be an IPL branding.
– Kings XI Punjab will play all their home matches at Mohali and not in Dharamsala as was previously stated by the franchise.
– The reasons behind the shifting of the second qualifier and eliminator match from Eden Gardens is because of short time duration.