Virat Kohli is the Man of the Match with 75 runs off of 51 balls.
Highest run scorer: Virat Kohli 75 runs
Most wicket taker: S Aravind 2 wickets
* End of 18.4 overs: Royal Challengers win the match by 9 wickets. The Royal Challengers have reached the end of the long stretch too easily it seems. With Virat and Villiers playing a pivotal role in shaping the outcome of the match, the score turned less daunting over by over. But without the assistance of Chris Gayle's 49, it would not have been so smooth. Despite the Knight Riders registering a good 183, the Royal Challengers batsmen were still able to control the outcome of the match without breaking a sweat. Virat-Villiers partnership has been the talk of the cricket world for more than two days now, and with this victory, their bond will only grow stronger.
* End of 15 overs: Royal Challengers Bangalore 135/1. With the Virat-Villiers partnership still intact after 15 overs, there is little to doubt that Royal Challengers will struggle ahead to take the game in their favour. Kohli has already reached a half-century and de Villiers will soon mark his half-century for the game. If the pattern of the game continues to carry the match, the Royal Challengers will soon be victors on Monday's match. Knight Riders players are doing their best to stop the duo from breaking any boundaries, but they look helpless as the ball soar over them for a sixer.
* End of 10 overs: Royal Challengers Bangalore 91/1. Chris Gayle is out. But this is not the end of the worries for Kolkata Knigh Riders. Royal Challengers, with the help of the lethal partnership of Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers, has shot up already at a score almost half of the total set target. Gautam Gambhir looks dumbfounded as he shuffles his fielders in the pitch here and there without much reaction among his teammates. After Chris Gayle shot up RCB for a massive start, all now relies upon Captain Virat Kohli and AB de Viliers. The outcome of the match will depend largely upon their partnership. Wickets: Chris Gayle 49 runs in 31 balls
* End of 5 overs: Royal Challengers Bangalore 53/0. The first five overs have been the best imaginable start for the Royal Challengers. Chris Gayle exudes confidence as he cracks boundaries after boundaries with Captain Virat Kohli. The duo has superb compatibility in the field, and they're making the Knight Riders run for their buck. If this fucillade of shot continues, Royal Challengers will soon bag the match in their favour.
* Chris Gayle and Virat Kohli start the batting line-up for Royal Challengers Bangalore.
* End of 20 overs: Kolkata Knight Riders 183/5. Kolkata Knight Riders has registered a daunting 183 for the Royal Challengers to chase. True to their stature in the IPL rankings, the Kolkata Knight Riders, without the aide of big-hitters like Robin Uthappa and Yusuf Pathan, still managed to steadily take up the score to more than 150. Royal Challengers Bangalore, if they want to win the match over from the Knight Riders, needs to recreate that same Virat-Villiers moment. Wickets in the first five overs will spell a dangerous fall for the Royal Challengers. Wickets: SA Yadav 5 runs
* End of 15 overs: Kolkata Knight Riders 124/4. Royal Challengers claimed three wickets in the last five overs. First with Captain Gambhir, followed by MK Pandey, Yusuf Pathan, and SA Yadav. Despite this rapid fall of wickets, Kolkata Knight Riders batsmen have managed to carry the score further without being deterred by the bowlers. MK Pandey left after a good half-century, but Yusuf Pathan, the man out of whom much was expected, disappointed fans at Kolkata. The estimated score of the Knight Riders is 150 as of now. Wickets: Gautam Gambhir 51 runs, MK Pandey 50 runs, Yusuf Pathan 6 runs,
* End of 10 overs: Kolkata Knight Riders 87/1. Kolkata's solid run still continues. Gambhir and Pandey has menacingly handled the Royal Challengers' bowlers and successfully converted poor balls into boundaries. If this run continues for the rest five overs, we could soon see a repetition of the Virat-Villiers moment in this match. Gambhir has reached a half-century already; his fans at Kolkata will be expecting him to go the full extent. Royal Challengers desperately need a wicket here right now – preferably that of Gautam Gambhir.
* End of 5 overs: Kolkata Knight Riders 42/1. A slew of boundaries from Gambhir and Pandey saw the Knight Rider's score climb up rapidly in the first five overs. Uthappa couldn't stick around for a few more overs and left with a mere 2 run from Iqbal Abdulla's ball. For the Kolkata Knight Riders, except the ousting of Uthappa, the good run for a high score looks secured as of now. Pandey and Gambhir will have to stick together for a good partnership so that following batsmen will be able to handle the pressure. Robin Uthappa out for 2 runs.
* Gautam Gambhir and Robin Uthappa are opening the batting line-up for the Kolkata Knight Riders.
* Royal Challengers Bangalore has won the toss and chosen to bowl first for the match.
With Rising Pune Supergiants and Kings XI Punjab eliminated from the Indian Premier League 2016 season, the onus will now be on the Royal Challengers Bangalore to remain relevant in the league. Despite some clear good innings in some of their games, the Royal Challengers suffered setbacks in their defence. Virat Kohli, who recently broke IPL records with AB de Villiers, will be looking forward to break the Kolkata Knight Riders’ bowlers on Monday. And if the pitch favours the two, Gautam Gambhir will have to handle a raging typhoon along with his teammates. Kolkata Knight Riders have the ability to sting their opponent at its most vulnerable place, and Royal Challengers have to avoid exposing it.
Chances of rain
All doesn’t look too well in Kolkata. With humidity reaching up to 62%, the chances of rain is slight, but there still is a chance. A moderate 32 degrees Celsius should remain for the night.
Kolkata Knight Riders
G Gambhir (Captain), PP Chawla, GB Hogg, JO Holder, SP Jackson, Kuldeep Yadav, CA Lynn, Manan Sharma, M Morkel, C Munro, SP Narine, MK Pandey, YK Pathan, AS Rajpoot, AD Russell, R Sathish, Shakib Al Hasan, SW Tait, JD Unadkat, RV Uthappa, SA Yadav, UT Yadav
Royal Challengers Bangalore
V Kohli (Captain), VR Aaron, AN Ahmed, S Aravind, STR Binny, YS Chahal, AB de Villiers, P Dubey, CH Gayle, TM Head, Iqbal Abdulla, KM Jadhav, CJ Jordan, AK Karnewar, SN Khan, VS Malik, Mandeep Singh, Parvez Rasool, HV Patel, KL Rahul, KW Richardson, Sachin Baby, T Shamsi, V Tokas, SR Watson, D Wiese