* After 17.5 overs: Gujarat Lions has won the match by 6 wickets. Teamwork was the most significant element of Gujarat Lions’ strategy today, and albeit they couldn’t stop the Mumbai Indians from a high score, they proved that teamwork leads the way to victory. Mumbai’s hope of staying determined in the match has faltered with today’s lost, and they have fallen further down from the table to the sixth spot. Brendon McCullum and Suresh Raina were undoubtedly the heros of today’s match in Kanpur. Wickets: Suresh Raina 58 runs, Dinesh Karthik 3 runs
* End of 10 overs: Gujarat Lions are 100/2. Compared to the Mumbai Indians, Gujarat Lions is moving forward to a positive innings. Some poor fielding proved expensive for Mumbai Indians who did their best to create an impasse for the Lions’ batsmen. But boundaries are coming over after over, and with Captain Suresh Raina still at the helm of it all, they might soon reached the desired target without breaking a sweat. Wickets: Aaron Finch 0, Brendon McCullum 48 runs
* Gujarat Lions need to beat a target of 172 in 20 overs to win the match.
* End of 20 overs: Mumbai Indians are 172/8. Mumbai Indians has registered a total score of 172/8. Considering the fact that Captain Rohit Sharma left early and Pandya and Guptill even earlier, Mumbai Indians had a real mess to deal with in their hands. But N Rana brought hope back into Mumbai’s folded hands as he made a significant 70 runs in 36 runs. Jos Buttler also performed well to slightly stack Mumbai’s score in the 20 overs. Gujarat Lions has a match in their hands now with this 173 runs target. If Suresh Raina leaves early, it might decide in the outcome of the game. Wickets: Jos Buttler 33 runs, Kieron Pollard 9 runs, Hardik Pandya 7 runs, Harbhajan Singh 3 runs, Vinay Kumar 1 run
* End of 10 overs: Mumbai Indians are 72/3. Mumbai Indians started off with a positive note: swinging magnificently to register boundaries after boundaries. But Rohit Sharma’s had a perfect touch too many, and he was taken out for a mere 30 runs at an important game for the Mumbai Indians. Martin Guptill proved incomprehensibly bad today. What followed was a confused enaction of air on Mumbai’s side, and the batsmen played erratically, losing wickets unnecessarily weak balls. Good fielding from the Gujarat Lions so far, and if they’re able to keep the turnout of the next 5 overs low, they’ll be able to stop the Mumbai Indians from registering a high score. Wickets: Rohit Sharma 30 runs, Martin Guptill 7 runs, Krunal Pandya 4 runs
* Gujarat Lions has won the toss and elected to bowl first for the match.
If Mumbai Indians beats the Gujarat Lions on Saturday, they will head straight for the playoffs. However, if Mumbai concedes the game to the Gujarat Lions, there chance to go back into the game will depend upon whether Kolkata Knight Riders beats Sunrisers Hyderabad or not.
Raina will be looking forward to clinch this game with all chances of deploying all the versatility of the bowlers in the team. Rohit Sharma, on the other hand, Rohit Sharma will keep a sharp eye out to break any boundaries.
Weather in Kanpur
With 34 degree celcius and a clear sky in Kanpur, there is little probability of shower in the region.
SK Raina (Captain), S Ladda, AD Nath, Amit Mishra, DJ Bravo, P Dogra, ER Dwivedi, JP Faulkner, AJ Finch, Ishan Kishan, RA Jadeja, SB Jakati, KD Karthik, S Kaushik, DS Kulkarni, P Kumar, BB McCullum, PJ Sangwan, JN Shah, UA Sharma, DR Smith, DW Steyn, PV Tambe, AJ Tye
RG Sharma (Captain), CJ Anderson, JJ Bumrah, JC Buttler, UBT Chand, M de Lange, S Gopal, MJ Guptill, Harbhajan Singh, K Kamath, SD Lad, MJ McClenaghan, HH Pandya, KH Pandya, PA Patel, KA Pollard, DS Punia, N Rana, AT Rayudu, JM Sharma, NB Singh, TG Southee, J Suchith, JE Taylor, R Vinay Kumar, AA Wakhare
First Published | 21 May 2016 7:50 PM
Web Title: IPL 2016, GL vs MI: Gujarat Lions drowns Mumbai’s hope of climbing into the playoffs
(Latest News in English from Newsx)