Yusuf Pathan is the Man of the Match with 52 runs.
Highest run-scorer (Second half): Shikhar Dhawan 51 runs
Most wicket-taker: Sunil Narine 3 wickets
* After 20 overs: Sunrisers Hyderabad are 149/8. The Kolkata Knight Riders have won the match today at Raipur and they are through to the playoffs. Kolkata Knight Riders did a superb job of creating impasse for the Sunrisers Hyderabad batsmen, and at the perfect time when the Sunrisers’ got frustrated, Riders went on the offensive and took wickets after wickets. Great bowling by Narine as he took out three Sunrisers’ wickets. The Knight Riders bowlers performed extremely well, and did better than the decent performance given the batsmen. Wickets: Ojha 15 runs, Yuvraj Singh 19 runs, Kane Williamson 7 runs, DJ Hooda 2 runs, MC Henriques 11 runs, Bhuvneshvar Kumar 2 runs
* After 10 overs: Sunrisers Hyderabad are 73/1. The Knight Riders were 85/3 at 10 overs in the first half. Albeit the Sunrisers tally is comparatively, they have lost only a wicket till now. The number of batsmen remaining in the match and playing at crucial overs could turn the match around towards the Sunrisers’ side. David Warner gave a disappointing performance, but more relies on Dhawan and the following batsmen in the match. NV Ojha is still in play, and Shikhar Dhawan is still going strong. If the Knight Riders are not able to claim more than 3 wickets in the next 5 overs, their chances of winning the match might slip out of their hands real fast. Wickets: David Warner 18 runs
Highest run-scorer: Yusuf Pathan 52 runs
Most wicket-taker: Bhuvneshvar Kumar 2 wickets, DJ Hooda 2 wickets
* After 20 overs: Kolkata Knight Riders are 171/6. Despite some early wickets, Knight Riders registered a healthy total to at least give the Sunrisers a game in their hands in the second half. Sunrisers Hyderabad did a good job of knocking down batsmen before letting them reap boundaries in the last 5 overs. Yusuf Pathan proved to be the torch-bearer of the Knight Riders as he stacked up an unbeaten 52 runs in this game. Sunrisers bowlers did a decent job of restricting the drain into a puddle. Captain Gautam Gambhir has to bring the same elements of bowling into the match if Knight Riders are to have a chance against the Sunrisers. Wickets: MK Pandey 48 runs, JO Holders 3 runs, Shakib Al Hasan 7 runs. SA Yadav 6 runs
* After 10 overs: Kolkata Knight Riders are 85/3. A boundary in the first over should’ve brought a stronger ripple in the following overs for the Kolkata Knight Riders. But as the overs progressed and the Sunrisers tweaked its fielders in the pitch, Kolkata lost precious run-scorers one after another. Robin Uthappa, despite looking in good form today, could only register a meager 25 while his counterpart, Gautam Gambhir, left the pitch for 16. Knight Riders are not too bad in shape as of this moment, and as the overs progress and the field gets tighter, they’ll have to break boundaries without letting the ball break the wicket. Wickets: Robin Uthappa 25 runs, Gautam Gambhir 16 runs, C Munro 10 runs
* Sunrisers Hyderabad wins the toss and opts to bowl first for the match.
At 16 points right now in the league, the Sunrisers are comfortably perched up at the top spot in the Indian Premier League (IPL). Their place in the playoffs is secured, the same can be said for the Kolkata Knight Riders if they win Sunday’s match in Kolkata against the dominant Sunrisers. However, if the Knight Riders loses, and loses by a wide margin in the game, there chances of reaching the playoffs might stumble a bit.
Captain David Warner and Gautam Gambhir will be both looking for a an aggressive win with defeats in the backdrop. Will it be the game of the Kolkata Knight Riders in Kolkata or will it be the Sunrisers?
Weather in Kolkata
With 22% precipitation and 56% humidity, there is a slight chance of drizzle in Kolkata. At 34 degrees Celcius, the the temperature looks modestly low.
Kolkata Knight Riders
Robin Uthappa (Wicketkeeper), Gautam Gambhir (Captain), Manish Pandey, Colin Munro, Yusuf Pathan, Shakib Al Hasan, Suryakumar Yadav, Jason Holder, Sunil Narine, Kuldeep Yadav, Ankit Rajpoot
Shikhar Dhawan, David Warner (Captain), Moises Henriques, Yuvraj Singh, Kane Williamson, Deepak Hooda, Naman Ojha (Wicketkeeper), Karn Sharma, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Barinder Sran, Mustafizur Rahman
First Published | 22 May 2016 4:10 PM