David Warner 93 runs (Not out) Bipul Sharma 27 runs (Not out)
* End of 19.2 ovvers: Sunrisers Hyderabad 163/6. Sunrisers Hyderabad has won the match from Gujarat Lions. David Warners was the modern Atlas who literally shouldered the entire pressure of the Sunrisers Hyderabad and handed his team the victory at such an important moment. Truly a tough pill to swallow for Suresh Raina as he cringed at every boundary the Sunrisers managed to make. The Gujarat Lions tried the best they could ensure themselves a berth in the finals of the IPL, but the Sunrisers Hyderabad had experience on their side, and a truly marvelous captain who single-handedly brought the house down with his superb antics at Feroze Shah Kotla stadium in New Delhi. Wickets: DJ Hooda 4 runs, BCJ Cutting 8 runs, NV Ojha 10 runs
* End of 10 overs: Sunrisers Hyderabad 66/3. If statistics are to looked at right now, then the Sunrisers are not too far ahead of the Gujarat Lions as of now. Moving in the same pace, the Sunrisers conceded some early wickets in the match, most importantly being Shikhar Dhawan who needlessly left the field for a run out. But the positive thing working in favour of the Sunrisers captain himself, David Warner, who might be able to carry the game with the rest of the batsmen following him. But if Gujarat Lions takes another 2 wickets in the next 5 overs, the match will slightly lean more towards the Gujarat Lions’ side. Wickets: Shikhar Dhawan 0 run, Moises Henriques 11 runs, Yuvraj Singh 8 runs
Ravindra Jadeja 20 runs (not out) DS Kulkarni 3 runs (not out)
* End of 20th Over: Gujarat Lions 162/7. Gujarat Lions has set a moderate target of 163 for Sunrisers Hyderabad. Given the fact that Warner sticks it out in the first few overs of the match along with his opening batsman, Sunrisers will start the match on a good count. Gujarat Lions, despite losing early wickets, pushed themselves towards a moderate score with the assistance of AJ Finch and McCullum who respectively scored 50 and 32. Raina’s performance disappointed today, and if Gujarat Lions loses, the captain will have more to blame himself for than the performance of his team. Wickets: Brendon McCullum 32 runs, AJ Finch 50 runs, Dwayne Smith 1 run, Dwayne Bravo 20 runs,
* End of 10th Over: Gujarat Lions 67/3. The Sunrisers Hyderabad players worked brilliantly in the first 10 overs to take important wickets from the Gujarat Lions. Captain Suresh Raina and Dwidedi failed to impress at such an important match, and it was McCullum working along with Karthik who gave some respite to the Lions. The Sunrisers pace attack was deadly as ever, and considering they have lethal bowling power with them, it is imperative for them to halt Gujarat Lions below the 150 threshold. But current progress of the match is a positive progress for David Warner, and as he constricts the players around the batsmen, the pressure will mount on Lions’ coming batsmen. Wickets: Dwidedi 5 runs, Suresh Raina 1 run, Karthik 26 runs
* Sunrisers Hyderabad wins the toss and elects to bowl first for the match.
Sunrisers Hyderabad and Gujarat Lions will both be looking for a berth in the IPL final in New Delhi on Friday. Securing a victory in New Delhi will ensure that one of the team cruises towards a first-time final since their Indian Premier League debut. The second qualifier round of the IPL will witness a deluge of onslaught from both the teams who’ll be looking forward to break boundaries and batsmen in the initial overs.
Gujarat Lions has an impressive run in this IPL season so far, and they’ll be looking forward to sustain this spirit in New Delhi. Headed by Suresh Raina, Gujarat Lions have an impressive batting line-up which may wreak a havoc against the Sunrisers. But after suffering a defeat from the Royal Challengers in the first qualifier, the Sunrisers will have the upperhand in dispiriting the team with their superb bowling attack. Gujarat Lions, at this point in the league, cannot suffer a setback like their last game against the Challengers.
For Sunrisers, it is the arsenal of bowlers that will carry the game for them. Despite equipped with heavy-hitters like David Warner, Henriques, Kane Williamson, a systematic breakdown will occur if the Sunrisers Hyderabad are not able to create an impasse of the batsmen.
Weather in New Delhi
New Delhi is scorching pit for today’s audience as it peaks at 42 degrees Celcius. With 0% precipitation, there is no chance of rain.
SK Raina (Captain), S Ladda, AD Nath, Amit Mishra, DJ Bravo, P Dogra, ER Dwivedi, JP Faulkner, AJ Finch, Ishan Kishan, RA Jadeja, SB Jakati, KD Karthik, S Kaushik, DS Kulkarni, P Kumar, BB McCullum, PJ Sangwan, JN Shah, UA Sharma, DR Smith, DW Steyn, PV Tambe, AJ Tye
DA Warner (Captain), A Ashish Reddy, RK Bhui, Bipul Sharma, TA Boult, BCJ Cutting, S Dhawan, MC Henriques, DJ Hooda, S Kaul, B Kumar, A Mithun, EJG Morgan, Mustafizur Rahman, NV Ojha, V Shankar, KV Sharma, BB Sran, TL Suman, AP Tare, KS Williamson, Yuvraj Singh
First Published | 27 May 2016 6:12 PM
Web Title: IPL 2016, GL vs SRH: Sunrisers Hyderabad pulls a classic victory over Gujarat Lions
(Latest News in English from Newsx)