Rafael Nadal all set to make a comeback at the Rio Olympics

| Saturday, July 9, 2016 - 17:09
First Published |
Nadal, Rafael Nadal, Rio Olympics, Olympics 2016, Nadal will play at Rio, Nothing will keep me away from Rio: Nadal

The 14-time Grand Slam champion said "a situation which is a long way from reality," has been created about the virus

Madrid: Spanish tennis ace Rafael Nadal has said that he had no intention of missing out on the Olympic Games starting from August 5 in Rio de Janeiro despite battling a wrist injury and fears over the Zika virus.
Nadal has not played since withdrawing from the French Open in May due to a wrist injury, missing out on Wimbledon as he works to recover in time for the Games, reports Xinhua.
He has extra motivation to travel to Rio as he has been chosen to carry the Spanish flag in the opening ceremony -- something he was set to do four years ago in the London 2012 Olympics before injury forced him out.
"It has not entered my head not to be in Rio," Nadal said at an event in his home town of Manacor in Mallorca on Friday.
He was asked about the threat of the Zika virus, which has led several Spanish athletes, such as basketball ace, Pau Gasol to express their concerns. but the 14-time Grand Slam champion said "a situation which is a long way from reality," had been created about the virus.
"I was in Rio in February and I led a perfectly normal life," explained the 30-year-old.

Download English News App and stay updated with all Latest News.
For News in English, follow us on Google+, Twitter and on Facebook.

Add new comment

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.