Rio de Janeiro: The golden boy of Indian shooting, Abhinav Bindra on Monday qualified for men's 10m Air Rifle final with a total score of 625.7 at the Olympic Shooting Centre. However, India's other medal hope Gagan Narang looked out of form and failed to qualify for the final.
Updates: Ace shooter Abhinav Bindra has started well and is currently at 5th position after the fourth series. While, Gagan Narang seems to be struggling at 16th position.
- Abhinav Bindra has slipped to 11th spot with a total score of 499.9
- Gagan Narang is at 30th position, Abhinav Bindra at 12th position after fifth series of men's 10m Air Rifle qualification event.
- Abhinav Bindra has now moved to 10th spot with a total score of 551.9. Gangan Narang's hopes to qualify for finals are almost over.
- Abhinav Bindra has again slipped to 11th spot with a total score of 562.3
- Abhinav Bindra makes a great comeback, storms into top 6. Remember, top 8 will qualify for the finals.
-Abhinav Bindra's final score is 625.7, We will have to wait for others to finish shooting to see whether he qualifies or not.
-Abhinav Bindra qualifies for men's 10m Air Rifle final with a score of 625.7. Gagan Narang fails to qualify.
All Indian hopes will now be pinned on Abhinav Bindra now since India's shooting campaign has been pretty disappointing at the Rio so far.