Quashing all rumours of a rift, Chelsea manager Antonio Conte on Wednesday signed a new two-year deal with the Premier League Champions.

The Italian had steered Chelsea to Premier League title in his first season with the club last year.

“I am very happy to have signed a new contract,” the 47-year-old said after inking the contract.

He further said that the club will have to work harder to maintain top position.

“We worked extremely hard in our first year to achieve something amazing, which I am very proud of. Now we must work even harder to stay at the top,” he remarked.

Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia termed the new contract a reward to the ‘incredible success’ of the club under Conte’s supervision.

No terms of the new contract have been disclosed as yet, however reports in English media hint at improved terms for the remaining two years of the three-year deal. It is important to note that the development comes amidst reports of Conte’s growing frustration with Chelsea because of the club’s inability to reinforce title-winning squad.

First Published | 19 July 2017 12:02 PM
Download English News App and stay updated with all Latest News. For News in English, follow us on