Cincinnati : Seventeen-time Grand Slam champion Roger Federer reclaimed the No.2 spot in men’s singles tennis rankings after lifting the Cincinnati Masters title, according to the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) list released on Monday.
Switzerland’s Federer beat Serbian Djokovic 7-6 (1), 6-3 in the final of the tournament to win his seventh title at Cincinnati on Sunday, reports Efe.
The win helped Federer leap frog over Britain’s Andy Murray and he will be seeded second at next week’s US Open in New York.
Djokovic maintained his place at No.1 spot in the rankings.
The current ATP rankings:
1. Novak Djokovic (Serbia) 14,865 points
2. Roger Federer (Switzerland) 9,065
3. Andy Murray (Scotland) 8,840
4. Kei Nishikori (Japan) 6,205
5. Stan Wawrinka (Switzerland) 5,710
6. Tomas Berdych (Czech Republic) 5,230
7. David Ferrer (Spain) 3,695
8. Rafael Nadal (Spain) 3,680
9. Marin Cilic (Croatia) 3,550
10. Milos Raonic (Canada) 2,880.
First Published | 24 August 2015 4:31 PM
Web Title: Federer regains No.2 spot in tennis rankings
(Latest News in English from Newsx)