By NewsX Bureau
20 March 2017
- DELHI: Jat protesters have called off their stir but the Police commissioner Amulya Patnaik has asked his forces to be on alert through Monday to avoid any untoward incident.
- MUMBAI: Statistics in the state economic survey showed that the light motor vehicle population has increased by over 9.3% over the last year in Mumbai and has crossed a million.
- BENGALURU: Keeping in mind the low collection of Profession Tax from the owners of transport vehicles, the state government is considering handing over the responsibility of collecting Tax to the transport department.
- CHENNAI: The University Grants Commission in a circular has directed that PhDs acquired under distance mode would not be permissible for those who want to be appointed as teaching staff.
- KOLKATA: The state government will soon direct district authorities in Howrah and North 24-Parganas to find out how much private and government land needs to be acquired to kick-start two Metro projects.
- MUMBAI: Parents of Vibgyor High School in Malad have initiated a signature campaign against the management’s uninformed decision to hike fees by nearly 10% every year.
- BENGALURU: Demanding the closure of the KCDC plant at Kudlu, residents held a sit-in protest in front of the plant and have also decided to extend it for more days.
- CHENNAI: The University Grants Commission has directed all universities to upload data regarding PhDs on their websites within two months.
- KOLKATA: A research group at IIT Kharagpur has designed the country’s first indigenous superpower drone called ‘BHIM’ which can fly into a disaster zone and create a seamless communication network.
- DELHI: A Parliamentary panel has described the traffic situation in the national capital as “alarming” and said that the Delhi Police has failed to improve it.
20 March 2017