Tennis star Roger Federer wins BNP Paribas Open 2017 and more sports news
20 March 2017
- Swiss great Roger Federer defeated Stanislas Wawrinka 6-4, 7-5 to win his 5th BNP Paribas Open title at Indian Wells. At 35 years old, he has become the oldest champion in the tournament’s history.
- Manchester United moved to 5th in the English Premier League with a 3-1 win against Middlesbrough at the Riverside Stadium. Marouane Fellaini, Jesse Lingard and Antonio Valencia scored for the Red Devils.
- China dominated the podium at the BWF Grand Prix event in Basel, winning 4 of the 5 gold medals available on the final day. The mixed doubles was the only gold medal that didn’t belong to China.
- 39-year-old Ryan “Rocket Man” Newman broke his 127-race winless streak since 2013 with a win at Nascar’s Camping World 500 race held at the Phoenix International Raceway.
- Richard Murray of South Africa claimed inaugural Super League Triathlon title in Hamilton Island, Australia. Spain’s Mario Mola and local boy Jake Bortwhistle finished 2nd and 3rd respectively.
By | First Published : 20 March 2017 , 11:44 AM