By NewsX Bureau
17 July 2017
- DELHI: The Union ministry of housing and urban affairs has asked the NDMC to ensure completion of smart city projects ahead of time to set an example for rest of the country. The Rs 1,800 crore smart city plan of NDMC has a completion deadline of 2020.
- MUMBAI: In an attempt to make path for air crafts that enter and leave the Mumbai airport, the DGCA has ordered 70 buildings in surrounding areas to reduce height between 1 and 6 metres within 60 days.
- DELHI: In order to make capital 100% open defecation-free, South Delhi Municipal Corporation is planning to install 100 mobile toilet vans at various slum areas.
- MUMBAI: The municipal ward office in Bandra has planned to introduce mobile vans with a composting equipment to manage waste coming out of hotels and hospitals.
- KOLKATA: 2 newly-designed air-conditioned rakes will be introduced in the existing north-south Metro service in Kolkata very soon. With addition of 2 new rakes, the total number of AC rakes will become 15.
- HYDERABAD: The Telangana State Council of Higher Education has directed all universities and colleges to constitute an anti-drug committee on the campuses. This move comes after allegations of involvement of some college students in drugs rackets.
- MUMBAI: The Navi Mumbai police became the victim of cyber criminals for the second time in 2 weeks. The official website of the Navi Mumbai police was hacked again by a Turkish hacker.
- HYDERABAD: An NGO has revealed that Telangana witnessed over 3,000 child marriages in the past one year. With this record, the state comes fourth in terms of highest number of child marriages.
- CHENNAI: Commuters using the underground stretch of Chennai Metro Rail will continue to suffer with mobile connectivity as Work to install mobile transmitters may face a delay of 3 more months.
- BENGALURU: The communist party of India- Bengaluru district secretariat has drafted a citizen’s charter and sent it to the Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation, urging it to improve metro services in certain quarters.
17 July 2017
Metro Wrap: SDMC plans to install 100 mobile toilets in Delhi; Hyderabad colleges to have anti-drug committees & more
(Latest News in English from Newsx)