Tech and You: Disney announces new ‘Marvel Hotel’; vending machine that sells cannabis & more
17 July 2017
- Disney has announced to showcase an Immersive Star Wars Hotel at the Walt Disney World Resorts. The announcement was made in the middle of its D23 expo in Los Angeles. The Star Wars-inspired hotel will transport guests on a space ship to a never-before-seen planet where all the characters and their stories come to life. Disney has also released a video that shows the first detailed look at the model of this new land.
- A very unique kind of vending machine has been developed by a tech company called ‘American Green’. It can be used to dispense a variety of age-restricted goods including alcohol, ammunition and even cannabis. But before dispensing any of these items, the machine checks user’s age with the help of biometric verification. After getting the details, machine verifies whether he /she have the right to buy the product.
- Motorola has launched a pair of new headphones called ‘Motorola Verve Loop Sports Bluetooth in-ear headphones’. The headphones are being aimed at fitness freaks as they come with an IP54 rating for water and splash resistance. It means users will not have worry about damaging the headphones even after sweating a lot. These headphones are priced at Rs. 2,499 and will be available at both online & offline stores.
- The CSIRO have begun researching how technology can be used to create personalised meals based on our nutritional needs. Personalised nutrition, which involves creating tailored diets based on data including genetic information, as well as lifestyle and physiological state obtained from real-time sensors, has been hailed as the future of food.
- One of NASA’s loftiest goals in recent years has been to launch a manned Mars mission, and those plans had recently gotten the approval of US Vice President Mike Pence. But a new statement from one of the space agency’s high-ranking officers suggests that there may be some obstacles in the way of such a mission, not the least of these being a lack of budget.
By NewsX Bureau | First Published : 17 July 2017 , 12:31 PM