By NewsX Bureau
17 July 2017
- Jean-Yves Le Drian, the Foreign Minister of France had a meet with the Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan in Abu Dhabi on Sunday. Le Drian attended the meeting during the conclusion of his tour of gulf. He has asked Qatar and the Arab countries to find a solution to the diplomatic standoff. He is one of the latest foreign diplomats to visit Qatar and urged the nations to find a solution to the crisis. He made the visit in an attempt to find a solution to the crisis which has affected the nations since last 1 month.
- A 61-year old woman was killed during a shooting incident in the Venezuelan capital of Caracas on Sunday. Four other people were wounded in the shoot. The shooting erupted after the supporters of the Nicolas Maduro’s government attacked an opposition polling site in a church. Thousands of Venezuelans lined up across the country to vote against the rejection of Maduro’s plan to rewrite the constitution. This new proposal by Maduro has increased the country-wide tension.
- At least 7 people were killed and dozens missing in flash floods sparked by the monsoon-like rains in Arizona, US. The search operation is still undergoing for missing people in the area. The United States weather department has issued flash floods watch out for the coming week, as the monsoon storms are expected in the region. The victims are currently being treated for hypothermia.
- Two shells have hit the Russian embassy in Damascus and have caused material damage in the region. No causalities have been reported in the incident. One of the shells hit the compound of the embassy, while the other one hit nearby. Syrian rebels in the capital city have previously struck the Russian embassy too. The attack in Damascus came hours after a bomb exploded near a hospital in the rebel-held north-western city of Idlib wounding five people.
- The Yemen government authorities are removing the street vendors, waste, stalls at the roads and stagnant water across the country. They are fighting the cholera epidemic that has killed over 1,700 people since the end of April. The Public Works Department has also sprayed pesticides on the streets. Suspected cases of cholera have increased to more than 320,000 as the epidemic has hit 21 out of the 23 provinces in the country.
17 July 2017
In Your World: French Foreign Minister in UAE for Qatar talks; shells hit Russian Embassy compound in Syria & more
(Latest News in English from Newsx)