By NewsX Bureau
18 July 2017
- DELHI: The Delhi government is all set to implement the 25% hike recommended by the 7th Central Pay Commission for DTC employees. The move will benefit nearly 30,000 employees.
- CHENNAI: After conducting a pollution survey at the IIT-Madras campus, the Tamil Nadu Pollution Control Board submitted to the NGT that due of expansion of buildings on the campus, waste generation has increased by over five times.
- DELHI: The fifth and the final cutoff list have been released by the Delhi University. Only a handful of seats are available in few colleges. Last year eight cut-off lists were released by the university.
- MUMBAI: The H1N1 influenza that has been widely circulating in the Mumbai city has claimed 5 lives in the first 2 weeks of of July. The death toll for the viral infection now stands at 14.
- BENGALURU: Kannada development authority has directed the BBMP to ensure all shopping malls and commercial establishments in the city have name boards in Kannada. A deadline of 15 days has been given to BBMP to ensure the implementation of order.
- BENGALURU: Bengaluru’s MG Road and Brigade Road are all set for a makeover under the Smart city Plan. These roads will soon have free wi-fi, e-rickshaws stands, e-toilets, sensor-based dustbins and water ATMs.
- MUMBAI: Mumbai will soon get 2 new Metro rail corridors. The Maharashtra Coastal Zone Management Authority has given its approval to the Metro 6 and Metro 5 line. The alignment for the 2 lines partially falls in the Ecologically Sensitive Coastal Regulation Zone.
- DELHI: After several complaints from commuters that drivers do not stop buses at designated stops, the Delhi government has decided to install CCTV cameras at bus stops. The project will cost nearly Rs 140 crore.
- KOLKATA: Calcutta University professors are busy to ensure smooth introduction of the newly introduced Goods & Services Tax into the commerce syllabus. GST replaces the long list of indirect taxes in the undergraduate and postgraduate commerce syllabus.
- HYDERABAD: Education minister of Telangana, Kadiyam Srihari has announced to open 85 new Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas in the state. He said that the government is also planning to enhance facilities at all existing schools.
18 July 2017
Metro Wrap: Pay hike for DTC employees; H1N1 scare in Mumbai & more
(Latest News in English from Newsx)