By NewsX Bureau
12 August 2017
- DELHI: The Delhi High Court and district courts in the national capital will observe a holiday on August 14 on account of Janmashtami. A notification has been issued by the High Court’s Registrar General.
- MUMBAI: Around 63 blood banks of Mumbai have become a part of an online portal called ‘e-Rakt Kosh’ through which anyone can find blood on internet. The portal has been created to connect, digitise and streamline the workflow of blood banks across the city.
- HYDERABAD: Telangana Tourism has launched a helicopter ride service in Hyderabad to provide tourists an aerial view of the City of Pearls. The facility gives visitors an opportunity to explore the city in helicopter and view landmark spots and other famous destinations.
- DELHI: Delhi will observe Traffic restrictions on major roads on Sunday due to the dress rehearsal of Independence Day. 6 main routes will be closed for general traffic between 5am and 9am.
- BENGLAURU: Much awaited Indira Canteens will miss their scheduled opening date of Independence Day. The canteens will now open, just a day later on 16 august. The number of canteens has also been reduced from 125 to 101.
- KOLKATA: A GST help centre will soon be set up at the Customs House in Kolkata to help people in filing return. Chief Commissioner, customs and excise Bijay Kumar has urged people to come and take advantage of the new centre.
- CHENNAI: In light of the increase in quantity of domestic cargo handled at Chennai airport, the Airports Authority of India has opened a new 1,500 sq m domestic cargo terminal. It is also planning to open 3 more cargo terminals by the end of next year.
- KOLKATA: The students at Jadavpur University continued to protest on Friday asking authorities to reject the state government’s order to ban politics on campuses.
- DELHI: The New Delhi Municipal Council has organised a group art exhibition to mark the 71st Independence Day. Titled “Triumph of Masterworks: Our National Pride” the exhibition features masterpieces by 38 Contemporary Artists of India.
- MUMBAI: In yet another blow to Mumbai University vice-chancellor Sanjay Deshmukh, governor C Vidyasagar Rao has issued a showcause notice to him for failing to declare results within the set limit.
12 August 2017
Metro Wrap: Delhi Courts to observe holiday on 14 Aug; Mumbai University’s vice-chancellor gets showcause notice & more
(Latest News in English from Newsx)