By NewsX Bureau
12 September 2017
- MUMBAI: According to a report, Mumbai will likely get 14% more office space in the next 18 month. The current total of grade-A offices in the city is 109 million sq ft. A stock of about 16 million sq ft could be added in the next one and a half year as per construction schedules announced by developers.
- MUMBAI: The second tunnel boring machine for metro 3 is expected to arrive on Friday. It will be installed at Azad Maidan for boring work from CST to Mumbai Central. MMRC has set a deadline of September 2019 to complete the tunnelling work.
- DELHI: The Directorate General of Civil Aviation has sought a report from Airports Authority of India after the air traffic control at the airport suffered a frequency outage due to which it had trouble establishing contact with planes flying in and out of Delhi.
- DELHI: Hauz Khas Village is staring at a possible shutdown for gross violations by eateries and commercial establishments in the area as the Delhi HC fast-tracked the hearing into PILs highlighting several violations in the area.
- BENGALURU: Bengaluru is struggling to limp back to normalcy after many areas were inundated, throwing normal life out of gear. Some lakes breached their banks leading to flash floods in several parts of the city. Many areas were inundated with sewage mixed water.
- KOLKATA: The Trinamool Congress opened its office in Darjeeling on Monday after THE situation in THE hills is limping back to normalcy. Schools and branches of some public sector banks have started functioning and Local transport services have also BEGUN.
- KOLKATA: The state government has decided to act against app-cab aggregators, like Uber and Ola, for non-compliance of different safety and security conditions set by it. A random survey by the transport department has laid bare a number of violations, including of basic norms like fitness certificate, permit and insurance
- CHENNAI: Protests and demonstrations by students against the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test continued on Monday. Students from different colleges expressed their anger against NEET. A Number of faculty members also held press meets to express their displeasure over the ‘divide being created by NEET’.
- CHENNAI: Tension prevailed at Annamalai University, after a section of MBBS students from Rajah Muthiah Medical College and Hospital attempted to stage a protest within the campus demanding that the state take over the medical college-cum-hospital.
- BENGALURU: A 28-year-old senior software engineer with a private firm has been arrested for allegedly raping his colleague, video graphing the act and uploading the video on a porn website after she stopped yielding to his blackmailing threats.
12 September 2017
Metro Wrap: IGI loses radio link with planes; Mumbai likely to get 14% office space & more
(Latest News in English from Newsx)