ULAN BATOR: After a successful three-day visit to China, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday reached Mangolia in the second leg of his three-nation tour.
PM Modi, who is the first Indian Prime Minister to visit Mangolia, was received by Mongolian Foreign Minister L. Purevsuren at the airport.
Later on Sunday, PM Modi visited the Gandan Monastery in the Mongolian capital and held delegation-level talks with Mongolian Prime Minister Chimed Saikhanbileg in Ulan Bator.
After the talks, list of agreements were signed between India and Mangolia. PM Modi then addressed the Mongolian Parliament.
Here are the key highlights of the event:
8:45 AM: PM Modi addresses Mangolian Parliament
• I am deeply grateful to Mangolia for hosting me on Sunday
• No bond more sacred than a spiritual one
• Mangols united Asia and Europe
• We are celebrating 60 years of diplomatic relations
• India is the land of Buddha and Gandhi
• Mangol’s growth is impressive
• You have stood in solidarity with us in the UN and elsewhere
• Our development is a reflection of our shared vision
• India-Mangolia ties are timeless
• We can work together to ensure Mangolia progresses
• We can work on better healthcare as well
• India’s youth is its greatest strength
• We will establish an India-Mangolia joint school
• We will set up an institute to treat cancer in Mangolia
• We are pledging $1 billion for Mangolia’s development
• There was time when Buddha’s message united Asia
• Proud to conduct joint defence exercises
8:20 AM: PM Modi to address Mangolian Parliament shortly
8:17 AM: India-Mangolia ink 14 agreements
8:16 AM: Mangolia is the integral part of India’s act east policy: PM Modi at joint statement
8:15 AM: India will provide $1bn support. Cyber Security Centre to be made: Modi
8:13 AM: We will take our ties to a new level, says PM Modi
8:12 AM: Mangolia is a spiritual neighbour. I am delighted to visit Mangolia, says PM Modi in joint statement
8:10 AM: Deals inked between India and Mangolia
8:05 AM: PM Modi holds delegation-level talks with Mongolian Prime Minister Chimed Saikhanbileg
8:00 AM: PM Modi accorded a ceremonial welcome at the State Palace