Six die in Nigeria mosque blast

By
| Friday, October 23, 2015 - 15:59
First Published |

Six die in Nigeria mosque blast

Abuja: At least six people were killed in a blast at a mosque in Nigeria's Borno state on Friday, the National Emergency Management Agency said.
 
The explosion took place as Muslim devotees gathered for the first congregational prayer of the day in Maiduguri city, Xinhua news agency quoted a statement by the state-run relief agency as saying.
 
Medical sources said over 17 people were hospitalised following the attack.
 
At least 29 people, mainly worshippers, were killed last week on Thursday after two male suicide bombers hit a mosque in Molai axis of Maiduguri, according to officials.
 
The militant group Boko Haram was blamed for the attacks. The group, fighting against the government to create an Islamic State, has carried out waves of bombings in the northern region and capital city of Nigeria over the years.
 
Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered his military chiefs to end the insurgency of Boko Haram in the most populous African country by December.
 
Local people doubt the efficacy of the deadline given to root out the ruthless group as more suicide attacks have taken place in parts of Nigeria since the order was issued in August.

Download English News App and stay updated with all Latest News.
For News in English, follow us on Google+, Twitter and on Facebook.
 

Add new comment

CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.