Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Two more pieces found in Madagascar to be examined

| Friday, June 10, 2016 - 12:56
First Published |
Flight MH370, Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, Madagascar

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Two more pieces found in Madagascar to be examined

London: Australian officials have said that the two pieces of debris discovered in Madagascar by Blaine Gibson, who previously found a part almost certainly from Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 will be examined by investigators to see if it, too, came from the missing plane.
The Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) said that it had been contacted by Gibson, an American adventurer who has been hunting for the aircraft over the past year.
Gibson on March found plane debris off the coast of Mozambique. In a separate development, a piece of debris has been found on Kangaroo Island off the coast of southern Australia among seaweed and driftwood, resembled part of a plane, with the words "caution no step" visible, according to footage on Australia's Channel Seven, reports the Guardian.
The TV channel, however, reported that the item might have come from a Cessna that went down several kilometres off the island's coast in 2002.
"The ATSB has been advised and has received photos of the item [on Kangaroo Island]. It needs to be examined before coming to any conclusion," an ATSB spokesman said.
"We have seen the photos and governments are being consulted on how best to have that examined," he added.
These finds adds to the eight pieces of debris which have been discovered thousands of kilometres from the current search zone far off the west Australian coast.
The first concrete evidence of MH370 , was a two-metre-long (7ft) wing part known as a flaperon washed up in the French overseas territory of La Reunion in July 2015.
The Australian authorities, since then have said that two pieces of debris found in Mozambique were "almost certainly from MH370" and two fragments that came ashore in South Africa and Mauritius were also likely to be from the jet.
While Australia is leading the painstaking search for MH370 in the remote Indian Ocean, the wild weather has not allowed the three ships involved to make any progress in recent weeks.
So far, 105,000 square kilometres (40,500 square miles) of the designated 120,000-square-kilometre seafloor search zone has been covered without success. 

Download English News App and stay updated with all Latest News.
For News in English, follow us on Google+, Twitter and on Facebook.

Add new comment

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.