Man remanded in custody for London stabbings

| Saturday, August 6, 2016 - 16:43
First Published |
London stabbing, Zakaria Bulhan, Darlene Horton, Richard Wagner, Florida State University, Westminster Magistrates' Court, London Russell Square, American, Australia, Crime, World news

Zakaria Bulhan has been charge with the murder of Darlene Horton and the attempted murder of five other people

London: A 19-year-old man charged with the murder of a US tourist in a mass stabbing attack in London's Russell Square was remanded in custody on Saturday.
Zakaria Bulhan, of south-west London, has been charged with the murder of Darlene Horton, 64, and the attempted murder of five other people, the BBC reported.
Bulhan - a Norwegian national of Somali origin - appeared at the Westminster Magistrates' Court earlier in the day.
A British man who suffered a stab wound in his stomach in the attack remains in hospital in a "serious but stable" condition.
An American man, an Australian, an Australian woman and an Israeli woman were all discharged from hospital on Thursday, after treatment of their injuries, the BBC said.
Police raided Bulhan's home in Tooting, south London, on Thursday after he was arrested on suspicion of murder.
The police said they received numerous calls starting at 10.30 p.m. on Wednesday describing a "man attacking people with a knife" between Russell Square, Montague Street, Bloomsbury Square and Great Russell Street.
Horton was visiting London with her husband Richard Wagner, who was teaching summer classes.
Florida State University said the couple had planned to return to their home in Tallahassee on Thursday - the day after the attack.

Download English News App and stay updated with all Latest News.
For News in English, follow us on Google+, Twitter and on Facebook.

Add new comment

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.