30 dead, 90 wounded after back-to-back explosions in Kabul

By
| Tuesday, September 6, 2016 - 11:19
First Published |
Kabul, Kabul explosion, kabul back-to-back explosions, Afghanistan, kabul Ministry of Defence compound, Kabul news, Afghanistan news

Twin explosions rocked the city close to the Ministry of Defence compound, leaving at least 30 people dead in Kabul.

Kabul: A massive explosion was heard in the centre of Kabul city late Monday night, hours after back-to-back explosions left at least 30 persons dead and over 90 wounded.
 
Security sources said the explosion was caused by a Vehicle-borne Improvised Explosive Device (VBIED) that was detonated in the city's Shahr-e-Naw area, Khaama Press reported.
 
Sporadic gunfire was also heard following the explosion, the sources added.
 
According to the preliminary reports the target of the explosion was a guesthouse but there were no immediate reports of casualties.
 
Earlier on Monday, twin explosions rocked the city close to the Ministry of Defence compound, leaving at least 30 people dead, with the majority of the victims said to be security personnel.
 
Download English News App and stay updated with all Latest News.
For News in English, follow us on        


 

 

Add new comment

CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.