New Delhi: The second United States Presidential debate at the Washington University between Republican nominee Donald Trump and Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton saw some shift in rhetoric from the first presidential debate. Hillary Clinton, composed to a certain extent, denied all she could the accusations levied by Donald Trump.
If badgering your opponent with accusations after accusations were the theme of the competition, then Donald Trump would surely win the first prize. In a list, he named Clinton in many diplomatic and economic blunders of the last three decades, all accusations that were fact-checked by the NY Times.
Below listed are his comments from the debate which were thoroughly misleading or just plain wrong:
– Clinton ignored 600 requests for increased security from J. Christoper Stevens, the ambassador to Libya, and communicated only with Sidney Blumenthal.
– Nafta and other free-trade agreements resulted in the loss of millions of jobs.
– The United States signed a peace treaty to bring an end to the civil war in Syria.
– Syria, Russia and Iran are fighting the Islamic State.
– United States has hundreds and thousands of people pouring in from Syria.
– Taxes in the United States are highest in the world and growth in US is down to 1%.
– There is no hacking from Russia into the US to influence the election.
– Hillary Clinton laughed after getting a man acquitted of raping a 12-year-old girl.
This is the second to last US Presidential debate preceding the presidential election in November. Both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump will face tougher stances and questions ahead in the last debate regarding terrorism, gun control, immigration and economic reform.