New York: A video tweeted out by CNN, shows an e-cigarette bursting inside a man’s pocket at a wine shop in New York, US.

 

As per reports, the victim Otis Gooding was working behind the counter and chatting with two other store workers when the e-cigarette exploded that burnt his leg, thigh and hand.

As reported by New York Post, one of Gooding’s co-worker recalled the incident and said, “There was hissing and sizzling… he wanted to take it out of his pocket… I saw him take his hand to take it out of his pocket and his fingernail burnt off.”

The video that has been recovered shows Gooding patting his leg. Gooding’s attorney, Sanford Rubenstein said that Gooding had suffered third-degree burns and was admitted to a hospital.

An electronic cigarette or e-cigarette is an alternative of a regular cigarette and is a handheld electronic device that vaporises a flavoured liquid. The fluid in the e-cigarette is called e-liquid which is usually made of nicotine, propylene glycol, glycerine and flavourings.

First Published | 24 November 2016 6:50 PM
Download English News App and stay updated with all Latest News. For News in English, follow us on