A- A A+

Thirty-six tourists, including 25 foreigners, fell ill due to food poisoning and were hospitalized at a mountain resort in Ukraine’s Ivano-Frankovsk region, local authorities said.

The tourists were sent for medical treatment after eating dinner at a local complex near Verkhovyna town, Xinhua news agency quoted the authorities as saying on Wednesday.

There were 14 German and 11 Polish tourists among those hospitalised and all of them were now in stable condition.

A total of 152 people were accommodated at the tourist complex at the time of the incident.

According to the preliminary investigation, violations of sanitary regulations and food safety norms were the cause of poisoning.

First Published | 27 July 2017 9:28 AM
Read News On:

Ivano Frankovsk

Polish tourist

tourists ill

Verkhovyna

Download English News App and stay updated with all Latest News. For News in English, follow us on        
Web Title: Ukraine: Food poisoning leaves 36 tourists ill

(Latest News in English from Newsx)