Alleged IS list threatens over 1,000 Americans

| Friday, August 14, 2015 - 13:06
First Published |

Alleged IS list threatens over 1,000 Americans

Washington: An alleged hitlist of the Islamic State (IS) terror group has threatened over 1,000 US nationals, a media report said on Friday.
A group calling itself the IS Hacking Division posted the list online this week, providing the phone numbers, locations and "passwords" for 1,400 American government and military personnel, CNN reported.
It also released their purported credit card numbers and excerpts of some Facebook chats.
"We are extracting confidential data," the message said. "And passing on your personal information to the soldiers of the khilafah who soon ... will strike at your necks in your own lands!"
According to CNN, many of the phone numbers and email addresses on the list were not in service. But one person on the list, reached by phone, confirmed that he had previously served in the US military. 
The Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Pentagon have launched a probe into the supposed IS list.

Download English News App and stay updated with all Latest News.
For News in English, follow us on Google+, Twitter and on Facebook.

Add new comment

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.