Senior Congress politician and former Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat sat on a 24-hour dharna at Gandhi Park in Dehradun, seeking a CBI investigation into the Ankita Bhandari murder case and the names of VIPs implicated.
The former CM sat on the Dharna from Monday afternoon and said that the public wants answers to the questions in the Ankita murder case. “The public wants to know on whose orders a bulldozer was fired at the resort, why the resort was not sealed, how the fire broke out twice despite the presence of the police in the resort,” said Rawat. The body of 19-year-old Ankita, who worked as a receptionist at a resort run by Pulkit Arya, the son of expelled BJP leader Vinod Arya, was recovered from Chilla canal in Rishikesh on September 24.
Pulkit Arya was detained after an incident for reportedly shoving her into the canal. Two additional persons have been detained in the case: Ankit Gupta and Saurabh Bhaskar.
The Uttarakhand Police said on December 4 that the inquiry into the death of Ankita Bhandari was nearly completed. The sole remaining step is the Narco and Polygraph tests on the accused, for which they had requested permission from the Kotdwar court to perform Narco and Polygraph tests on all three accused.
People want to know the identity of the VIP to whom Ankita refused to offer special services, resulting in his death by the BJP leader’s son.
According to the latest developments in the case, the three accused, including expelled BJP leader’s son Pulkit Arya, declined to submit to narco and polygraph tests last week.
In the Judicial Magistrate Court in Kotdwar, Uttarkhand, counsel for the accused stated that the Special Investigation Team (SIT) did not explain why it needed to perform narco and polygraph tests after submitting the charge sheet.