One of two Canada mass stabbing suspects found dead

6 September, 2022 | Pravina Srivastava

BeFunky collage 2022 09 06T110239.189 World

One of the two men accused of participating in fatal stabbings in Saskatchewan was discovered dead on Monday, while his brother, the other suspect, is still at large.

One of the two men accused of participating in fatal stabbings in Saskatchewan was discovered dead on Monday, while his brother, the other suspect, is still at large.

According to Rhonda Blackmore, commanding officer of the Saskatchewan RCMP, Damien Sanderson, 31, was discovered dead with injuries that did not seem to have been self-inflicted. The 30-year-old sought man, Myles Sanderson, is still at large. The two are brothers, the RCMP further revealed Monday at the media event.

The attacks on Sunday in various parts of the province, including James Smith Cree Nation, claimed the lives of ten persons. There are now 18 injuries.

Damien was charged with one count of first-degree murder; Myles is facing three charges of the crime.

Both males were also accused of breaking and entering and attempted murder.

Following the attacks that resulted in a dangerous-persons notice, police from Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba were looking for the Sandersons.

Myles may have been hurt, according to the police, but that hasn’t been proven.

Blackmore added, “We do want the public to know this because there is a chance he may need medical treatment.”

Blackmore said, “Even though he is hurt, that does not mean he is not still dangerous. Myles has a long criminal history including both people and property offences.”

As per media reports, Lana Head, 49, is one of the dead from the James Smith Cree Nation. However, she is survived by daughters Sage, 30, and Sable, 31.

Myles Sanderson ceased meeting with his assigned caseworker in May, at which point Saskatoon police said they had been looking for him and that he was “unlawfully at large.”