Swati Maliwal, head of the Delhi Commission for Women, said on Wednesday that she has received rape threats on social media after writing to Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur demanding that filmmaker Sajid Khan be removed from Big Boss due to allegations of sexual harassment against him.
She also requested that the persons who allegedly threatened her with rape be arrested. Tooking on Twitter she wrote “I’ve been receiving rape threats on Instagram since I submitted a letter to the I&B minister requesting that #SajidKhan be removed from Big Boss. They obviously want to halt our efforts. I’m filing a complaint with the Delhi Police. Investigate and file an FIR. Arrest those who are assisting them.”
Earlier on Monday, the DCW boss resorted to Twitter to say that Sajid Khan’s many complaints demonstrate his “disgusting attitude”.
She further said “During the #MeToo movement, ten women accused Sajid Khan of sexual harassment. All of these allegations demonstrate Sajid’s filthy worldview. This individual has now been awarded a spot on Bigg Boss, which is incorrect. I’ve written to @ianuragthakur to request that Sajid Khan be removed from this show.” Sajid Khan’s involvement in the new season of Big Boss 16, which premiered on October 1, has sparked widespread outrage.