With November marking the birthday of Bollywood Superstar Shahrukh Khan, we owe him thanks for his diverse Bollywood movies. Let’s explore his journey so far.
Here’s a look at the Fifty Shades of SRK.
From small screen to silver screen:
With television giving him his first break, let’s have a look at his sojourn in TV:
• SRK’s journey in television began with his debut in the serial ‘ Fauji’ in 1989
• Aziz Mirza’s ‘Circus’ (1989-90)
• ‘ Wagle ki Duniya’ (1988-90)
• SRK never looked back once his journey started. It was an ongoing process which today has brought him to such a stature.
• SRK returned to small screen after 17 years as the emcee of the popular show ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati.’
• Next in line was ‘Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain?’ in 2008
• The latest in his TV appearances was the reality show ‘India Poochega Sabse Shaana Kaun?’ which was aired in March 2015.
• His looks and acting skills have been were compared to none other than the legendary, Dilip Kumar.
SRK’s grey shades in Bollywood:
Before becoming a quintessential lover boy, SRK did a string of movies with a negative role. SRK’s journey from anti-hero to romance.
• Playing the role of a murderer in ‘Bazigar,’ this role brought a breakthrough in SRK’s career and also earned him his first Filmfare Best Actor Award.
• Portraying the role of an obsessive lover in ‘Darr,’(1993), SRK’s acting was critically acclaimed and even today everybody remembers the famous dialogue of the movie and the way in which it was spoken: ‘KKKKKKKiran, I love you.’
• ‘Anjaam’ (1994), playing a negative role and a psychopath, the movie earned SRK the Filmfare Award for Best Villain.
• The movie ‘Don’ (2006) also saw Shahrukh in a grey character playing the role of most wanted criminal, Don.
King of Romance:
Shahrukh’s association with Yash Raj Films earned him the tag of ‘King of Romance.’ He beats all others hands down when it comes to expressing romance on silver screen.
• SRK can also be called the ‘Deewana’ of Bollywood as he continued being ‘Deewana’ on the big screen right from his debut film ‘Deewana’ in 1992.
• ‘Dil toh Pagal Hai’, ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’, ‘Veer-Zaara’, ‘Mohabbatein’, ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’, etc are some of the many romantic movies done by the Bollywood Superstar which are remembered, liked and watched even today.
• Well there’s no doubt that SRK is the only one to have mastered the art of spreading love and melting hearts on the big screen.
Fandom redefined by SRK:
• SRK said, ‘I like to interact with fans.’ King Khan is one of the few Bollywood stars who is known to comfortably interact with his fans.
• He has always been very interactive with his fans.
• The gestures towards his fans are always very warm and frank.
King of Social Media:
With Social Media becoming a medium for interaction between stars and fans, Khan happens to be the King of Social Media.
• With a Twitterati of 15.9 million, he was recently awarded the title of the King of Social Media.
• SRK justifies the title completely with his active interaction with his fans and posting Q&A sessions on Twitter.
• He also keeps his fans updated with his personal life by posting pictures, be it his children, his wife or his parents.
SRK is not only ‘King’of Bollywood but is also, ‘King’ of good times:
Entertainment is synonymous to Shahrukh Khan.
• Shahrukh is an expert when it comes to entertainment on stage.
• With the ‘Badshah’ of Bollywood on stage, entertainment is sure to follow. It is because of his spontaneity and amazing sense of humour that his anchoring is always remembered by the viewers.
• Be it his ‘lungi dance’ song with the Southern Superstars, or his act as an emcee for Filmfare Awards, the combination of humour and spontaneity in his performances has his viewers in splits.
Shahrukh, a self-made man, has come a long way in his journey of stardom. We wish him a very Happy Birthday in advance and wish him a long and happy life.
We wish him all the success in his career so that he keeps entertaining us forever.