New Delhi: Qandeel Baloch, the Pakistani model whose brother was against her vocation as a model, shot her down on Saturday in Multan. According to reports, her brother was against her modelling career and asked her to quit modelling many times.
Qandeel Baloch, who became famous through her tireless self-promotion and suggestive “selfies” posted on social media, had amassed tens of thousands of followers, a change that her brother did not subscribe to.
According to reports, Qandeel had requested for security from the interior minister, the director general of the Federal Investigation Authority (FIA) and the senior superintendent of Islamabad.
She had said her life is in danger and that she is being threatened via calls on her mobile number and that she did not have security measures installed in her home.
Qandeel was in controversy during 2016 T20 World Cup when the model declared on social media that she will strip if Pakistan wins win World Cup.
Here are some facts about the controversial model Qandeel Baloch:
- Qandeel was a Pakistani social media celebrity famous for her videos discussing her daily routine, life and various other controversial issues.
- After Qandeel became a known celebrity on Social Media, she was rumoured to be a contestant in the Indian reality show ‘Bigg Boss.’
- She was compared with Kim Kardashian by International News Agencies like Agence France-Presse.
- In March 2016, Qandeel promised to strip dance for her nation and to dedicate her dance to cricketer Shahid Afridi if Pakistan won the Twenty20 match against India.
- Qandeel named Sunny Leone, Rakhi Sawant and Poonam Pandey as her inspirations during an interview with controversial anchor Mubashir Luqman.
- She once said that organizations, people or media groups are calling her to feature in their shows to increase their own TRP ratings.
- Conservatives condemned her behaviour when she recently made headlines after posting pictures of herself with a prominent cleric, Mufti Qavi.
- Baloch married Ashiq Hussain in 2008 and had one son with him. The two separated in 2010 with Baloch claiming her husband was abusive towards her.
- Qandeel was part of a music video called ‘Ban Opposite Aryan Khan’ which talked about her status as the controversial social media icon.
- The actress-model whose real name is Fauzia Azeem, had not disclosed her location as she was receiving threats.