New York: Singer Kesha, who had earlier this month dismissed a lawsuit in California against producer Dr. Luke, whom she has been accusing of raping and sexually abusing her, has decided to drop the abuse allegations here too.
Kesha has been trying to get out of her contract with Luke’s Kemosabe Record, which is owned by Sony, since 2014. According to Billboard, she told a judge on August 12 that she would no longer rely on the abuse claims as a defence to the producer’s assertion that she violated her contract, reports aceshowbiz.com.
After announcing that Kesha had dropped the case in California a few weeks ago, her lawyer said that she made the decision because she wanted to focus on getting her career back on track.
She is also said to have sent Kemosabe dozens of new songs for her next album.
“Kesha has dismissed her California action without prejudice while she pursues her appeal and other legal claims in the New York courts,” Kesha’s attorney Daniel M. Petrocelli said back then.
“Kesha is focused on getting back to work and has delivered 28 new songs to the record label. We have conveyed to Sony Music and the label Kesha’s strong desire to release her next album and single as soon as possible,” Petrocelli added.For all the latest Entertainment News, download NewsX App