New Delhi: Weeks after Uri attack where 18 Indian soldiers were killed, Pakistani actor Fawad Khan who has been the buzz during the past few days, finally spoke up about the prevailing tension between India and Pakistan.
Maintaining that it is the first time he have spoken on the issue, Khan on Friday stated that he received numerous requests from the media and from well wishers worldwide asking him for his thoughts on the “sad incidents that took place” in the past few weeks.
“As a father of two little children, I pray and wish like many others that together we can build and live in a more peaceful world. I believe we owe it to our children who will shape our tomorrow,” said Khan in a statement on social media.
The actor who allegedly fled India after Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) issued threat against Pakistani actors working in Bollywood claimed that he have been in Lahore since July.
“I’ve been in Lahore since July as my wife and I had been expecting our second child,” said Khan.
He also denied the reports on alleged “anti-India” remarks made by him.
“This is the first time I have spoken on the matter. Please disregard any other words attributed to me during this time because I have not said them,” said Khan who will be starring in the new Karan Johar flick “Ae Dil Hai Mushkil”.
He also thanked his fans and fellow artists who continued to support for their belief in love and understanding to unite a divisive world
Khan is the most prominent Pakistani actor among others who was directly issued threats by MNS after the Uri attack.For all the latest Entertainment News, download NewsX App