Los Angeles: Director Josh Trank has suggested that he wasn’t responsible for the final cut of “Fantastic Four”, which has been widely panned by critics prior to its Friday release.
“A year ago I had a fantastic version of this. And it would’ve received great reviews,” he wrote on Twitter about the 20th Century Fox and Marvel film, reports variety.com.
“You’ll probably never see it. That’s reality though.”
The tweet was deleted from his account.
Trank, who previously directed “Chronicle” for Fox, was scheduled to shoot a “Star Wars” spinoff next for Disney and Lucasfilm but abruptly left the project earlier this year.
He later explained his departure, saying that he needed a break from high-profile movies.
“I want to do something original after this because I’ve been living under public scrutiny, as you’ve seen, for the last four years of my life,” he said.
“And it’s not healthy for me right now in my life. I want to do something that’s below the radar.”
Speculation emerged following the announcement that Trank been fired from the “Star Wars” film due to erratic behavior on the set of “Fantastic Four.”
“None of those facts were true. And any of the facts that were true were spun in such a maliciously wrong way,” he said.
“Fantastic Four,” which cost $120 million to produce, is still expected to debut to $40 million at the box office.