Following are the most important announcements by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in the field of healthcare and science-
- Two new All India Institute of Medical Sciences(AIIMS) to be set up in Jharkhand and Gujarat.
- With the proposed action plan, the government aims at eliminating ‘Kala Azar’ and Filariasis by 2017, Leprosy by 2018, Measles by 2020 and Tuberculosis by 2025.
- For senior citizens, Aadhar-based smart health cards having records of their health condition will be introduced.
- The government has increased budget allocation for scientific ministry to Rs 37,435 Crore for the fiscal year 2017-18.
- Safe drinking water to cover 28,000 arsenic & Fluoride affected habitations in the next four years.