Invest in frozen food items to save time, wastage and to get variety. Catering for families with different tastes is hard enough and to help mothers ease the pressure, American brand of frozen foods Birds Eye and parenting website Mumsnet have come up with the list that why frozen food should be added in your meal plan, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
* Nutritious: 30 per cent of mothers feel guilty about the nutritional value of the choices they feed to their family. However, frozen food offers great options for parents to feed their kids a balanced diet. While frozen peas can contain more vitamin C than their fresh equivalent, frozen chicken and fish are fantastic sources of protein for growing kids.
* More than just chips: Frozen food doesn’t have to be limited to chips. Frozen meat and vegetables can be used in a range of tasty and nutritionally balanced meals for both children and adults alike.
* Time saving: Mothers spend more than 45 minutes preparing food for their family but frozen food can cut down on the time they spend in the kitchen.
* Less wastage: Frozen products last longer than fresh produce, meaning there’s always something to be found in the freezer. A longer shelf life also means more opportunity to plan ahead and in a nation that throws away tonnes of food every year, that can only be a good thing.
* Easy to cook: With many frozen food products pre-prepped and ready to cook, you don’t need to be a culinary genius to use frozen food in tea-time creations.
* Great for a range of diets: The range of frozen foods on offer today means there really is something for everyone – there are even gluten-free fish fingers for those looking to cater for specific dietary needs.
* Value for money: Less food waste means less spending. If not eaten, fresh food will perish and you’ll need another trip to the supermarket for an extra spending spree.
* Healthy cooking methods: Most frozen vegetable products can be steamed or boiled, with no need for a fryer, pan, oil or butter, meaning healthier cooking options for the family.
* No preservatives required: No need for preservatives as the action of freezing naturally preserves the food.For all the latest Health & Environment News, download NewsX App