Karwa Chauth or Karva Chauth, one of the most auspicious festival in Hindu religion, where married women keep a day long fast and pray to god for the good fortune of their husband is being celebrated today across the nation. Women who observe the fast on this day offer prayers to Lord Shiva, Goddesses Parvati and wish for a wealthy, healthy and long life of their husbands. During the day long fast, women open the Karwa Chauth fast only after the moonrise and completing the traditional ritual by offering prayers to the moon.
Karwa Chauth fast is actually called ‘nirjala vrat’ which is observed from sunrise to moonrise. Women keep a day long fast impatiently wait for the red coloured moon to rise after which a process is followed and the fast is broken. In this day long fast — without food and water — married women pray for their husbands happy life and open their fast after consuming water which is offered by their husbands.
Also known as Karak Chaturthi (करक चतुर्थी). Married women offer water to the moon as part of their prayer, known as Argha (अर्घ) by holding an Atta Chani in another hand. The water is offered by keeping the Atta Chani between the moon and water container. Karwa Chauth is very significant during Puja and it is also given as ‘Dan’ (charity) to the Brahmin woman.
Karwa Chauth Puja Muhurat which is being celebrated today are from 18:16 PM to 19:30 PM. The expected Moonrise on Karwa Chauth day is being speculated to be around 20:40PM. The Chaturthi Tithi on Karwa Chauth will begin around 04:58 PM and the Chaturthi Tithi will end on the 9th of October at 02:16 PM.
Top 10 quotes, messages, status to share on WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, SMS
- May our lives be as beautiful as this glorious Karwa Chauth moon … Happy Karva Chauth
- As you worship the Moon God.. and pray for the long life of your husband.. May you be blessed with.. All that your heart desires. Happy Karwa Chauth
- Just like your name in my mehendi, I want your name to be with mine with rest of our lives … Happy Karwa Chauth
- As you celebrate the bond of marriage, wishing you a life of love and togetherness today and always. Happy Karva Chauth
- May our relationship becomes as pure and full of faith as this festival in existence is … Happy Karwa Chauth
- A study reveals that if women keep ‘Maun vrat’ instead of Karwa Chauth vrat, men surely will have a long life! Happy Karwa Chauth!
- Congratulations to all husbands for renewal of their life insurance. Happy Karva Chauth!
- Every one wants to be the sun and bring brightness into your life, but I want to be the Moon and give you light in the darkest moment of life.. Happy Karwa Chauth
- Fast taken by wives.. For well being, longevity and prosperity of husbands. Seeking his blessings. May this blissful day fills your life.. With love and happiness. Happy Karwa Chauth
- I never wanted the stars, never shot for the moon, I like them right where they are.. all I wanted was You! Happy Karwa Chauth