January 14 is the day that marks the celebrations of first Hindu festival of New Year 2018, Makar Sankranti. The Hindu festival, Makar Sankranti is a harvest festival and is celebrated across the country by almost all the religions. Unlike Holi and Diwali, Makar Sankranti is celebrated by Hindus on January 14 every year. Today, to celebrate the auspicious festival of Makar Sankranti more than 20 lakh devotees from across India as well as from it’s neighbours — Nepal, Bhutan and Bangladesh, took a holy dip at the confluence of the River Ganga and the Bay of Bengal.
The Hindu festival, Makar Sankranti, also marks the day when the sun enters zodiac sign of Capricorn which is also known as Makar rashi. Every year a large number of devotees take a dip at the confluence of the River Ganga and the Bay of Bengal and offer prayers. On this day, taking dips in water of holy rivers, especially Ganga, is considered auspicious. After taking the dips, people also do charity. The performing the pooja, the Hindus give ‘daan’ to Brahmins and poor. The Hindu festival, Makar Sankranti, is known by different names across the country. In Tamil Nadu it is called Pongal, Lohri in Punjab, Uttarayan in Gujarat, Bhogali Bihu in Assam, Poush Sankranti in West Bengal and Maghi in Haryana, Himachal Pradesh.
The festivals are the times when families come together to celebrate but there are also times that one has to be away from their family for some reason. Well, this time you can be close to them even when you are away from them. We have curated a few of the Makar Sankranti messages and wishes in Bengali which will help you to end the distance. Check out the Makar Sankranti wishes in Bengali which will surely make you feel closer to the family.
- উজ্জ্বল আলো কি? এই সুগন্ধ আসার থেকে কোথায়? এই মৃদু বাতাস এবং প্রাণবন্ত সঙ্গীত … ওহ! এটা সঙ্করতি … একটা চমৎকার দিন! (What is that bright light? From where is this fragrance coming? This gentle breeze and lively music… Oh! It’s Sankranti… Have an amazing day!)
- সুখ এবং ইতিবাচকতার সাথে মকর সংকরতীর উত্সবের সৌন্দর্য আপনার বাড়িতে ভরে. শুভ মকর সংক্রন্ত (May the beauty Of Makar Sankranti festival fill your home with happiness and positivity… Happy Makar Sankranti)
- এই ফসলের ঋতু আপনি সমৃদ্ধি এবং ইতিবাচকতা আনা, এবং আপনি একটি ধাপ মত উচ্চ উড়ে। আপনি এবং আপনার পরিবার একটি শুভ মকর সঙ্করন্তি চান (May this harvest season bring you prosperity & positivity, and you fly high like a kite. Wishing you and your family a Happy Makar Sankranti)
- I wish you soar high just like the kites on Makar Sankranti. Happy Makar Sankranti!
- As the sun starts northward journey. He makes all the happiness of throughout this year. I wish you and your family a very Happy Makar Sankranti.